Saturday, March 17, 2007

Why am I here?

Hello there,

I am about to undergo vision correction surgery using the Visian Implantable Collamer Lens (ICL). I have had a number of questions about this procedure, very few of which did I find answers to on the web. No matter how many questions I asked while at the doctor's office, upon further reflection I always had more. So I am here to provide an explanation of my experience from beginning to end, in hopes of answering the questions of those considering the Visian ICL.

Right now, it is Saturday morning, March 17th. I am scheduled to undergo the surgery on my left eye, the first to be treated, this coming Wednesday. It will probably take me some time to catch up to the speed of events, but I want to be as detailed as possible from the initial consultation to the end of treatment. So bear with me while I catch. If you have questions about a part of the procedure that I haven't described, please feel free to post a comment and I will try to answer your question. As another FYI, I am moving in two weeks. So I'm a bit busy...

I hope I can help at least a few people make a good decision about this procedure. So far, I'm excited about the prospect of being able to see without contacts or glasses, though I'm a bit nervous about the procedure. But I'm pretty sure that's normal :)

No comments: